Tuesday, September 24, 2013

OOTD

Good day good people!(and soon to be good night)...
Just wanted to quickly share the dress I made today to wear to bible study this evening! As I was mentally dressing myself for this evening while at work today, I was thinking that I wanted something that was more transitional than season specific. Vogue 8278 immediately came to mind. I made the dress with a few minor adjustments. I added sleeves to the dress, omitted the split at the back seam, narrowed the dress bottom to give it a closer fit at the hem and omitted the facings at the neckline and used my cover stitch machine for that and all the other hems. When I say this dress is a NO BRAINER, I mean it! At 5:30 pm today this dress was 2 yards of material. By 7:15 pm I was dressed and on my way to bible study. The simple style makes it the perfect backdrop for just about any print, shoe or accessory you want. If you own this pattern, hooray! You too can look fabulous in less than 2 hours! It is OOP, but I'd be willing to bet that you could find one on Ebay. Do you have a go to pattern that you can make in a short amount of time? Maybe you can tell me about it. Thanks for stopping by....

No comments:

Post a Comment